Form Dipping and Coating
BD Peripheral Intervention OEM delivers extensive expertise in form dipping and coating operations, supported by full lab capabilities. Our seasoned staff has decades of R&D and product & process development experience. We can support a defined scale up for process development and pilot dipping of various compounds and solutions at our Moncks Corner, SC manufacturing facility.
Our form-based dipping lines include automated and hand dipping tanks, equipment, and various materials. Capacity is available in both water-based and solvent-based dipping/coating lines.
Chemical Reactor-based Capabilities
BD Peripheral Intervention OEM can provide a range of chemical reactor-based capabilities for reactive chemical compounding, including vulcanization, de-ammoniation, and centrifuging for bulk removal of solid materials.
We can also accommodate:
- Bulk compounding of coagulants and slurries
- Color addition processes
- Radiopaque barium sulfate handling
- Formulation of modulus/stiffness with fumed silica/clay
- Reinforcement with grafted methacrylate latex
Synthesis and Recycling
We can perform solvent synthesis catheter coatings (50 gallon scale), as well as solvent distillation/recovery.
The Moncks Corner, SC facility is equipped with two large scale, Homeland Security-compliant, reactors utilizing gaseous chlorine. Free chlorine is neutralized at the end of the process. We have additional chlorination capacity and equipment availability.
Other Chemicals and Elastomers
Class I/Div I manufacturing space is available, and we have the comprehensive capabilities to work with:
- High Ammonia Natural Rubber Latex
- Plastisol PVC compounds
- Synthetic polyisoprene or SPI
- Gases on-site: Nitrogen & Argon
Dry Powder Handling and Packaging
BD Peripheral Intervention OEM has extensive packaging experience doing millions of units per year.
Our product handling and packaging lines include:
- Small foil pouching of dry powder mixtures (down to 1.5grams)
- Large PLC Programmed bagging lines
- Various film operated, pouch sealing, and filling operations.