ePTFE (expanded polytetrafluoroethylene) is ideal for use with a wide range of medical devices. Well recognized and widely accepted, this material offers a feature profile that includes biocompatibility, strength and lubriciousness.
Why BD Peripheral Intervention OEM for Implantable ePTFE Products?
With BD Peripheral Intervention OEM’s ePTFE, medical device developers get materials that:
- Facilitate low profile, high strength design parameters
- Are understood and accepted by the clinical community
- Have a long and successful history with the world’s major regulatory bodies
- Long-term, uninterrupted supply
- Provide IP Protected access to markets
ePTFE is available in a wide variety of tubular diameters, lengths, and wall thicknesses offering you cost-effective products to meet your specific needs, such as:
- Stent Covering
- Orthopedic Implant Components
- CABG Devices
- Septal Defect Devices
- LVAD Cannulae Components
- Vascular Grafts
ePTFE has many benefits which can be ideal for vascular applications, including:
- The ability to collapse and expand repeatedly;
- Resistant to wear in the body; can cycle millions of times without breaking or coming off the device;
- Can adapt to blood vessels and their natural pulsatile action, allowing encapsulated devices to withstand flexion created by those pressure pulses;
- The microporous nature allows tissue ingrowth.